Many parts of our country are plagued with social evils surrounding the girl child, like child marriage, female foeticide, dowry etc. But the Assamese society, from time immemorial is fortunate to be free from such evils. Though there is no dowry system prevalent in Assam, the parent of every girl desires to give something to the girl during her marriage.
|Assam Arundhati Swarna Yojana 2020 : Overview|
|Name of Scheme||Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme (AAGS)
Arundhati Swarna Yojana, Assam
|in Hindi||अरुंधति स्वर्ण योजना|
|Launched Date||6th February 2019|
|Launched by||Chief Minister of Assam|
|Beneficiaries||All EWS Brides|
|Major Benefit||To Provide One Tola (10 Gm) Gold|
|Scheme Objective||To facilitate the parents of the girl child who are economically not very sound|
|Scheme under||State Government|
|Start Date of Scheme||1st January 2020|
|Start Date to Apply||20th January 2020|
|Cost of the Scheme||Rs 300 Crore|
1. The applicant shall apply for Arundhati Gold Scheme on the day of applying for the registration of Marriage under Special Marriage Act, 1954.
2. Filled up physical application form shall be submitted by the applicant along with the Marriage application in the office of the Marriage officer where the registration of marriage is applied for.
3. The applicant girl shall also submit online form for claiming the benefit under Arundhati Gold scheme. The online application form would be available at the link “revenueassam.nic.in”
4. After competing the form the applicant has to submit the same both online by pressing submit button at the end of the form and also take a print out of the form
5. The applicant must take the printout of the form before submission, sign the declaration part of the printed form and submit the same physically along with a copy of all documents listed at Point D above, in the office of the concerned Marriage Registration Officer. The list of Sub Register offices where the application form under Arundhati Gold Scheme and its enclosures can be submitted is given in Point F of the guidelines.
6. The applicant shall receive a receipt on submission of her application and required enclosures from the office of Marriage Registering Officer where the form has been submitted.
7. The information of acceptance/rejection of the application will be communicated to the applicant by SMS and email (on the Mobile No/ email id given in the online application form).
8. If the application is accepted, the amount as eligible under the scheme shall be transferred to the Bank account of the applicant by the Inspector General of Registration through Direct Benefits Transfer(DBT) mode. The Bank A/c No shall be the same as per details given in online form where Bank A/c No. with IFSC code has been given.
Objective: The Government of Assam has decided to introduce a New Scheme “ARUNDHATI” from the current financial year 2019-20. This has also been announced in the Budget Speech of the Hon’ble Finance Minister in 2019 -20 at point No – 40. The objective of the scheme is to facilitate the parents of the girl child who are economically not very sound, but like all parents desire to give some gold which is considered auspicious to their as gift daughters on her marriage. The Government desires to share the joy of such parents who are getting their daughters married by way of providing Rs.-30,000/-as a token of blessings to the daughters of these parents for purchasing of Gold. The Nodal department for implementation of the ARUNDHATI Gold Scheme shall be the Revenue & DM (Registration) Department.
Eligibility Criteria of the scheme: (i) The annual income of the bride’s family must be less than Rs. 5 lakh. (ii) Minimum age should be 18 years and 21 years for the bride and bridegroom respectively. (iii) Bride should have minimum education of 10th standard. However, this requirement of minimum educational qualification criteria is not required for tribes and workers of tea gardens. (iv) Family has to register their marriage under the Special Marriage (Assam) Rules, 1954.